Wednesday, November 12, 2008

How ironic

Now that I live downtown, I get to observe all of Toronto's glories, but mostly I get to see all the crazies that I was sheltered from in suburbia!

While walking yesterday, I was stuck behind a group of yuppies of a certain background, and was getting annoyed with them taking up the whole sidewalk. Lo and behold, a homeless guy all of sudden throws racial slurs at these kids, and saying "he hates every one of them" etc etc. I think they may have missed it (hopefully) but listening to him hissing hatred at them was like a slap in the face - and it wasn't even about me! How ridiculous that someone who probably would benefit from less judgment from the rest of the public could be a vocal racist.

Needless to say I cut them some slack about taking up the sidewalk.

No comments: